VISION: The Office of Field Activities (OFA) Diliman is the lead office in advocating and actively promoting field activities as a wellspring of quality experiential learning—an integral and enriching part of a student’s holistic education, which fosters sensitivity to diverse communities and service for the nation.
MISSION: OFA Diliman collaborates with partner offices and provides pertinent information, assistance, and networking opportunities to academic units to promote and guarantee relevant quality experiential learning that upholds honor and excellence. It also ensures that proper protocols are in place and that implementation of academic field activities is compliant with the University’s operational policies and guidelines to safeguard exposure of students in the field.
The Office of Field Activities (OFA) Diliman is an administrative unit of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (OVCAA) that was established on 31 March 2016. As one of the eight (8) offices under the OVCAA, OFA Diliman has the following main functions:
CONTEXT TO ACADEMIC FIELD ACTIVITIES
- Ensure that University policies and guidelines on academic field activities are properly operationalized;
- Ensure that academic field activities are conducted within the context of the course or curriculum;
- Ensure that measures are in place to guarantee the safety of students and faculty in the field;
- Assist academic units in incorporating academic field activities in their curriculum;
- Coordinate with academic units for the planning, implementation, and monitoring of academic field activities, as well as the formulation and review of related policies and guidelines;
- Provide orientation and training to faculty for academic field activities, in cooperation with the Office for the Advancement of Teaching (OAT) Diliman; and
- Coordinate with and among academic units regarding linkages with, and feedback to, and from, industry, government, non-government organizations, and other local institutions for student internship and other field activities.
- OFA Diliman is also involved in the active creation of opportunities for partnerships with potential host training establishments (industry, government, NGOs, and other local/international institutions) for AFAs.